Friday, January 30, 2009

Another week...another month

As another week draws to a close, I am forced to think about how fast the first month of the year went by. SO quickly has January flown. This weekend, as every weekend for the past month, I will be dog sitting. And when I arrive back home...it will be February already! Have I stuck to a resolution? Well, seeing as I didn't ever make an official resolution there was nothing to stick to. I can say that I have gotten better at a few things...I have managed to start to keep my apartment more cleaned up. No, as all of my past roommates would ask...that does NOT mean my room. HA. While I might have been good in college (sometimes) my room since has never seemed to remain clothes free. However, come laundry day...my room looks spotless. :)

I have also begun to work out more. I have lost 4 lbs in the past 2 weeks....and for that I am VERY excited! Weight is something I have struggled with all my life, and I finally feel like I am taking control, instead of it controlling me! That is a GREAT feeling! Now I just pray that I stay dedicated.

I have been working on a lot of little things about myself recently...how to trust myself, how to truly trust others. How to stand my ground when I know I am right. How to accept that sometimes confrontation is just necessary. How to not give attitude, when that attitude is not deserved. How to handle my stress a little more maturely, instead of getting ulcers all the freakin time. These are things that I think will help me as a human being. Not only to grow in the work environment but in relationships and friendships as well.

I have had the opportunity also to have many conversations with my coworker about the Lord. I am so blessed that God still chooses to use me in ways I can not comprehend. We as humans are so falibible. That God would ever trust us to be His mouths is still overwhelming to me. Every conversation we have I feel like I might let God down, but he manages to put words into my mouth that I don't even know where they came from. He is so good!

Friendships are finally being formed here...and my life is slowly getting rooted. I am loving where I see my growth, and my life taking me right now. SO as this month ends, I look forward to February, and the challenges and delites that that new month will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment